There may be times when you come on the platform and your video isn’t working. This could be for any number of reasons, and a common one if you’re using an Apple computer is that the operating system lost its connection to the camera.
One solution to this issue is to reboot your computer, but you’ve just arrived for the start of a CircleAnywhere event, who has time for that??
So here’s another way that is much faster and should fix this particular problem:
- Quit any other program that might use the camera
- Open the Terminal app (Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
- Type the following and hit enter:
sudo killall VDCAssistant
- You’ll most likely be prompted for your password, it’s the same one you log into your computer with
- If the command worked, you won’t see any output
- Refresh the browser page for the CircleAnywhere event, and see if the problem is resolved