The CircleAnywhere platform runs inside a web browser, and it needs the browser’s permission to access your microphone and camera.
Usually this happens the very first time you access the platform from a browser — the browser pops up a permissions prompt, and you can choose to accept or deny access. If you mistakenly deny access for either the microphone or camera, the platform will not be able to access them!
If you find yourself in a situation where you microphone or camera are not working, then you may have accidentally denied the platform permission to use your devices, and you’ll need to fix that in order to get things working again. Below I’ll list some steps which should help you fix the problem:
For Google Chrome
On a desktop computer
- In Chrome’s address bar, look to the right side, and if there’s an icon with a little red X on it, click it.
- If it opens a dialog that says something like “This page has been blocked from accessing your (camera/microphone)”
- Select “Always allow https://connect.circleanywhere.com to access your camera and microphone”
- Click the ‘Done’ button.
- Refresh the browser tab, and the little red X should now be gone, and the platform can access your mic/camera!
On an Android device.
- Open Google Chrome,
- Click on the three vertical dots in the upper right to open the menu, then scroll down and click ‘Settings’
- On the next screen find and click ‘Site settings’
- On the next screen find and click ‘Microphone’
- You should see a list of websites that are allowed or blocked access to your microphone
- https://connect.circleanywhere.com *should* be listed in the ‘Allowed’ section
- If it’s not, and there a ‘Blocked’ section on that screen, click to expand the blocked list, and see if https://connect.circleanywhere.com is in that list
- If it is, then click the list item for https://connect.circleanywhere.com, then click the ‘Clear and reset’ button, and confirm the choice
- To also fix your camera being blocked, you would repeat the same procedure, but go to Settings -> Site settings -> Camera instead